The Sri Hanuman Chalisa is very powerful and very effective for the removal of all mental problems. It brings good health, success and prosperity. It cures diseases, counteracts evil forces and the effects of "black magic", which are so prevalent today. It was recommended to us by Pujya Mata Krishnabai of Anandashram, one of the greatest of living saints.
Sri Hanuman was the living embodiment of the power of Ram-Nam. He was an ideal selfless worker, a true Karma Yogi who worked desirelessly. He was a great devotee and an exceptional Brahmachari or celibate. He served Sri Rama with pure love and devotion, without expecting any fruit in return. He was humble, brave and wise. He said to Ravana, "I am a humble messenger of Sri Rama. I have come here to serve Sri Rama, to do His work. By the command of Sri Rama, I have come here. I am fearless by the Grace of Sri Rama. I am not afraid of death. I welcome it if it comes while serving Sri Rama."
Our Divine Master, Sri Swami Sivananda wrote, "See how humble Hanuman was! How deep was his devotion to Sri Rama! He never said, "I am the brave Hanuman. I can do anything and everything".
Herewith some guidelines from Pujya Swami Sahajananda: "Those who wish to recite it for the purposes stated above, must follow these instructions for the performance of the 41-day Puja. The Sri Hanuman Chalisa should be repeated regularly for 41 days, either in the morning or in the evening.
1. Have a bath and wear clean clothes.
2. Sit in any comfortable posture in front of the picture of Sri Hanuman.
3. Keep some fruit as Prasad in a little tray.
4. Keep 11 flowers in another small tray.
5. First commence repeating some Guru Mantras.
6. After the repetition of the Guru Mantras, commence the Sri Hanuman Chalisa from 'Sri Guru Charana Sarojaraja ...'
7. Complete the repetition till the end, until Hridaya Basahu Sura Bhoop Sita Ram.
8. On completion of the repetition once, offer one flower to Sri Hanuman.
9. Do the repetition 11 times at one sitting. Each time a repetition is completed, offer one flower. In this way offer all 11 flowers.
10. After the completion of 11 times at one sitting, repeat some Shanti Mantras, prostrate and get up.
11. The fruit can be distributed to all as Prasad.
12. While sitting in the posture, do not change it or look around. Keep the eyes closed and concentrate on Sri Hanuman, or concentrate on his picture with eyes open.
13. On completion of the Mantra 11 times for 41 days, perform Havan with the help of a qualified pundit, and do some Puja in a Hanuman Temple with the guidance of a priest.
14. You can also do poor feeding or some charity on completion of the Yajna".
After the above guidelines, the Sri Hanuman Chalisa was recited 11 times.
We make a sincere and earnest appeal to all to participate in this Sadhana at home. If you have not yet submitted your pledge form, then please do so via the link below:
We invite devotees and the public to join the following online Home Satsangs via the links on our website:
Tuesdays: Ganga Arati at 5.30pm followed by Ramayan Satsang
Thursdays: Ganga Arati at 5.30pm followed by Sri Hanuman Chalisa recital
Sundays: Ganga Arati at 5.30pm followed by Satsang.
We thank all for their contributions towards our coronavirus pandemic relief programmes and other initiatives. Devotees and visitors are respectfully requested to obey the lockdown rules in place and are informed that no one is allowed entry to our Ashrams and branches during the lockdown period, except if authorised by the Board of Management. As lockdown rules are relaxed by government, the responsibility lies with each of us to prevent and reduce the risks of infection.
We remind all devotees to take extra care of the elderly and the very young, and to keep safe. We offer special prayers for all those who are ill, the departed, our frontline workers and for world peace. As the world faces the effects of the Coronavirus pandemic and so many other challenges, we pray for peace and lasting solutions for all of these. May the blessings of Sri Rama, Sri Hanuman, and our Divine Master, Sri Swami Sivananda be upon you and your family always!